It’s LaTianna here, thinking about what to say as an intro post!!
For one thing, this may be the 5th time I have revamped my page within the last 2 and a half years. Let me tell you… it is not a fun thing to do. My thirst for the ‘more’ in life led me up to this point. After years of counseling, dabbling in performance art, and encouraging others to live out their dream life, I realized
I WAS NOT LIVING MY DREAM LIFE.
This entire time I pursued a degree that required me to help others, because this is all I knew how to do. It’s a great thing to do, don’t get me wrong because I is still something I will always like to do, but there is another side to me that loves to create. For the past 10 years, I have been combining the two with my certification in Recreation Therapy, with my specialization in Theatre Arts. As I reflect on my 33 years of life, I realize I was not listening to my true self… either that or I was just that ugly duckling that took a long time to realize I was a beautiful swan that was ready to fly. After the many obstacles of heartbreak, depression, wins and loses, I needed to surrender to God and answer the call He has for me. All things work together for good, and my purpose is to pursue my passions to encourage others and help them become inspired by the power of the creative arts. My passions are fashion, theatre, hosting events and theatre workshops.
It was theater classes that led me to heal and to have joy in my life. To have permission to act out what I want spontaneously empowered me. I also teach improv and theatre to all age groups, and I am learning more ways to help others connect their world and discover the strength within them. Creativity did this for me, and this is my gospel to tell.
I never thought something so simple as fashion can be so complex and freeing. It helps me express myself. I am free to wear as I wish. There is sense of empowerment and mental wellness that comes with fashion and sharing it with others. Even though fashion should not be my identity, I dare say it helps me discover new sides to myself. I also get to see the transformation of others and how they like to express fashion. I admire the cultural differences in fashion and I had the honor in traveling to a handful of countries to experience their fashion styles.
I was hoping to keep this first post shorter, but I think I got a bit carried away, LOL!
I will end with listing 10 random facts about me below so you can get to know me a bit more.
I look forward to hearing from you and getting to know you as well. Tell me some fun facts about yourself, and what form of creativity do you carry within yourself. Hope to see you soon!
10 FACTS ABOUT LATIANNA
- I grew up mainly in the high desert (Hesperia, CA) and lived with my grandmother. If I wasn’t there, I was living with my mom traveling all over southern and central California. I am used to moving around a lot, and its hard to stay still sometimes.
- I knew theatre was my passion as soon as I performed in the Vagina monologues to raise awareness and funds about domestic violence. The power of storytelling overwhelmed me to heal, help others and have a sense of purpose.
- I love shoes. I have too many and as soon as I give them away, I fill up my closet with more!
- I live in a castle & it’s pretty rad.
- I have worked in the mental health field for 10 years in various settings and populations (shelter, school, residential facility, psychiatric hospital, and forensic psychology).
- My mom and I look like sisters! LOL black don’t crack!
- I am a dance fitness instructor.
- I used to be a shy person… not so much now! lol
- I have a heart to serve those who are in need.
- Song lyrics are always flowing my mind, especially if someone says a word or phrase of a song.